Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might
just be in the right place!
Are you an enthusiastic individual with strong customer service skills and technical knowledge?
We’ve been looking for you! First of all, credit for amazing hiding skills! But now that we have found you, how about putting those skills into action by providing full-time technical support to our eCommerce team, open to remote working (anywhere in Europe)!
As part of Lightspeed’s eCommerce team you will ensure the best customer experience and support our customers in their success. You will be the first point of contact for our customers and together with the team you create the best customer experience. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, work well both independently and as a member of a team, and have a keen eye for detail. We believe that customer support is more than just providing answers to our customers’ questions.
We’d like you to share your ideas on how we can innovate or improve our business to ensure the best customer experience and support our customers in their success.
What you'll be doing
- Provide excellent customer experience through technical support;
- Elevating customer satisfaction by providing excellent technical support and personal service to our customers over the phone and via e-mail;
- becoming an expert in the field of our products (omnichannel) and eCommerce;
- utilising consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution;
- communicating with staff members regarding current/ongoing issues and participating in the creation and maintenance of troubleshooting procedures and documentation;
- properly documenting and tracking customer issues and resolutions;
- contributing in a proactive manner to the atmosphere in the team where you assist, coach and motivate team members;
- developing yourself in the field of eCommerce and other technical skills.
What you need to bring:
Our team is spread over the UK and Europe with a majority based in Amsterdam, the main purpose of this team is to provide customer support for our UK and European business customers and guarantee amazing customer service.
- 1 or more years of customer service experience in a technical support role;
- exceptional English and Dutch written and verbal communication skills;
- strong attention to detail with an emphasis on customer service;
- strong multitasking skills and the ability to balance multiple areas of responsibility as well as requests from multiple sources;
- a passion for technology, working knowledge of Mac OS and basic knowledge of HTML/CSS;
- proven troubleshooting skills, especially when dealing with new or complex issues;
- self-starter who also works well in a team environment.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Retail experience;
- French written and verbal communication skills;
- Passion in technology
- Familiarity with mac OS and iPadOS
- German written and verbal communication skills.
We know that people are more than what's on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role… hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary paying £23,500 per year tied to a Lightspeed office location or working remotely
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Company pension program
- Health and wellness benefit
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!