The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the day-to-day AP department operations and supervision. Reporting directly to our Corporate Controller, the AP Manager will ensure systems, procedures and policies for accounts payable functions.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Coordinate and optimize the monthly close process for Accounts Payable, ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Lead and supervise a team of 3 employees
- Be the main point of contact with the external auditors for quarterly reviews and year-end audits for accounts payable related topics
- Ensure proper communication and coordination between internal departments
- Review AP Aging reports
- Reconcile AP and Credit card payable accounts
- Review inter-company transactions
- Prepare accruals and create journal entries
- Educational background in accounting
- Minimum 8-10 years working experience in Accounts Payable department preferably dealing with US and Canada processes
- Team management experience minimum of 3 to 5 years
- Working knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
- Experience in Accounts Payable system implementation
- Ability to know in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Strong abilities with Excel including pivot tables and most common excel functions
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills in both French and English
- Self-starter and strong team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams
- Knowledge of Concur
- Experience with Netsuite
What's in it for you?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!