Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven Content Manager to join our marketing team in Amsterdam. Reporting to the Global Head of Content, the candidate will be responsible for distributing the global content assets in Benelux, creating a localized content strategy and managing the European content team.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people management skills, equal parts data-driven/creative, and a strong desire to learn and grow. We're a fun team and have a great company culture.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer oriented, self-motivated, and results driven. MUST able to work well under pressure. As our target customer base is retailers and restaurateurs, prior experience in these fields is a plus.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Distribution of global assets
- Work with the North American content team and local agencies to translate, distribute and scale the content assets including blog posts, newsletters, case studies, landing pages, social media posts, webinars, white papers, etc, to drive organic traffic and help acquire new customers.
- Coordinate the scheduling and distribution of original content through social media.
- Creation of local content strategy for Benelux
- Work with the Head of Content to implement bigger content strategies such as building a top of funnel audience, implement SEO best practices, defining local content strategy, measuring results, and iterating accordingly.
- Promote the Lightspeed brand and our products through creative content.
- Aid in the development of the strategic marketing and communications vision for the company.
- Identify potential marketing partnership opportunities with other leading brands.
- Develop relationships with influential bloggers and websites in the retail and restaurant industry.
- Stay up to date with industry news and trends.
- Engage with our customer base and site visitors to build community and offer support.
- Define the intended outcomes of content production and promotion.
- Managing the EMEA content team
- Manage the full-time European content team, as well as freelance and part-time contractors.
- Manage the hiring of new employees.
- Position the team for individual professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with all team members and maintain a high level of excellence at all levels.
- Ensure that European teams work closely with the team in North America. We are a global company, with a global strategy.
- 3+ years experience managing teams
- 5+ years working in online marketing
- Excellent written and spoken Dutch
- Must be equal parts “left brain/right brain” (data-driven and creative)
- Experience in retail and/or restaurant industries is a plus
- Strong writing and verbal skills, with great attention to detail
- Expert level SEO understanding, with an emphasis on content categorization and structure
- Strong online research skills
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms
- Comfortability with current web technologies and marketing applications (including content management systems like Wordpress)
- Experience with search marketing and search engine optimization
- Experience working cross-functionally, especially across marketing disciplines, sales, design, and engineering
- Expert level abilities with analytics tools like Google Analytics and Looker
- Familiarity with photo/image editing (Photoshop) and video is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks efficiently
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn/grow
- Relevant diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing is a plus
- German language is a nice to have
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humour, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work are essential.
**Please submit an English CV when applying.
Do you want to experience Lightspeed before applying? Come meet us at our open house event on the 6th of February. Register via Eventbrite