Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven Copy Specialist to join our Marketing team in Montreal. The ideal candidate is responsible for creating engaging content for our website, blog, emails, marketing campaigns, PR materials, and more. We are looking for a brand storyteller with experience bringing products and customer profiles to life and making a brand’s voice resonate across channels. The ideal candidate has brand/content marketing experience.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, equal parts data-driven/creative, and a strong desire to learn and grow. We're a fun team and have a great company culture.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer-oriented and self-motivated. As our target customer base is retailers and restaurateurs, prior experience in these fields is a plus.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
This role binds our brand strategy to the tactics we use to drive success in marketing and sales. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Write clear, concise, SEO-optimized content to support brand and marketing campaigns, including ads, white papers, blog posts, emails, presentations/decks, etc.
- Produce ancillary content that reinforces our brand and product messaging (webinars, Facebook Lives, etc).
- Create customer-engaging short copy for landing pages and campaigns.
- Support seasonal campaigns and launches with compelling content.
- Ensure product content is aligned with brand tone, follows best practices in writing for the intended medium, and adheres to our quality standards for clear, concise writing.
- Propose new content formats to showcase products, educate customers, and generate leads, as well as industry ‘thought leadership’ and best practices.
- Be an ambassador to key customers by championing their success and crafting compelling stories from their experiences.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our key customers and sales verticals to determine the most appropriate communication channel for each.
- Assess the effectiveness of the content marketing programs on an ongoing basis, and report these outcomes to sales and marketing leadership. Analyze key metrics and make adjustments as needed.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years experience developing marketing content for various channels.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must be an exceptional English language writer.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of SEO copywriting principles.
- Knowledge of web analytics and platforms to measure and track (Google Analytics, Looker, etc).
- Proven track record of creating exceptional content that led to positive business outcomes.
- Ability to take complex concepts and explain them simply and briefly.
- Strong empathy for users and a passion for creating content that connects with them.
- Ability to poke holes in copy (including your own) and iterate quickly.
- Crazy attention to detail: every word and use of punctuation just feels right.
- Must be comfortable moving fast and working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is—or isn’t—working.
- Excellent people skills. Must effectively interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or related field a plus.
- Familiarity with photo/image editing (Photoshop) and video a plus.
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work are essential.
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!