Lightspeed is looking for a new Development Manager to help us lead, mentor and grow a high-performing software development team and cultivate an inclusive environment that inspires the team to do their best work. Under your guidance you will help align the team with the mission, processes and technology to continue building world class software that’s helping our customers grow.
If you’re a leader with a strong technical background, have a proven track record of supporting, mentoring and managing a team, along with a reputation for delivering then you might be a perfect fit. If you enjoy problem-solving mixed with pragmatism and collaboration to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe then you’re what we’re looking for.
- Guide, motivate, and grow a team of skilled software developers as they solve complex business problems;
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver;
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices;
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team;
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization;
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team;
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and enforce high standards of code quality;
- Support the tools and products that the team delivers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team comprised of more than 8 developers
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications;
- Advanced skills in Python, Java, Ruby, or other languages
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of SQL or NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams including QA, Product and Customer Support
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience as a DevOps, Sysadmin, or Webmaster
- Project Management or Scrum master experience (or formal training)
- Experience with BI and Big Data pipelines.
- Experience managing QA resources
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!