Hi there, thanks for stopping by 👋
Lightspeed is looking to welcome a full-time Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to lead a team of managers and analysts all while managing our global OPEX, business partner relationships and budgeting exercises.
You will be responsible for leading the teams while providing insights and planning and analysis for the key executive stakeholders throughout the global organization. This position also is responsible for broadening established working relationships and methodologies with key stakeholders in both vertical and functional levels, executing on various planning cycles (Budget/Forecast/LRP), understanding revenue, headcount planning, cost of goods, operating expenses and compiling information into three statement financial plans.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, this is your chance to join a thriving team in a high impact and high visibility role, while learning about the Software, Payments, and Financial Services industry.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis you will collaborate with multiple business units and work with the corporate and operational teams in order to execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the teams that collaborate with business units in order to review and analyze the financial and operating results as well as support decision-making by assembling, interpreting and analyzing financial results;
- Oversee the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and monthly outlooks for the global business.
- Be and/or manage touchpoints in the business to gather insights to help drive more accurate forecasting and planning. Support and/or develop a network of contacts within the business to anticipate and plan for changes to revenue generation strategies
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the financial planning and analysis functions, through the management of all financial reports, forecasts, budgets, and long-range plans. Identify and recommend changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the FP&A team’s methods and procedures;
- Work with other senior FP&A leaders to develop long term strategies and growth opportunities internally and externally.
- Develop and improve the reporting of key performance indicators (KPI's) and dashboards to monitor the business specifically with regards to efficiency, profitability, as well as time and resource management;
- Be responsible for reporting projects that gather and integrate large volumes of data, perform in depth analysis, interpret results and develop actionable insights and recommendations for use across the business units;
- Perform various financial analyses, projections and scenarios, prepare presentations of the results and recommendations;
- Assist in preparation of various presentations for internal and external stakeholders;
- Actively participate in the conception and implementation of financial planning IT tools;
- Lead and develop a team of managers and analysts
- Partner with other senior FP&A leadership to drive development and growth of all FP&A team members
- Participate in other projects as necessary.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Data or Finance
- High EQ to develop and lead team while remaining nimble to adjust to company needs
- 5+ years of experience related to the role (Financial Modeling, Forecasting, and Scenario Analysis is essential)
- 7-10 years experience of successful team leadership
- Organized and detailed-oriented, comfortable balancing multiple competing projects;
- Strong business acumen and understanding how Lightspeed fits in the global software industry
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Ability to handle a high volume of changes
- Excellent English communication skills
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Netsuite ERP, Adaptive Planning, Salesforce and Looker
- Experience in Software, Payments, or Financial Services industry
Who you are:
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Leadership driven
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set from industry-leaders in finance and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your financial skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
- Work hard-play hard! Join a dynamic, hard-working team who knows how to celebrate our achievements
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Immediate access to health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid parental leave top-up program
- Virtual telemedicine and mental health resources
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Paid volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!