As a Director of Business Strategy you will develop strategies and initiatives for the Hospitality business, and then drive these initiatives globally in partnership with the GM - Hospitality and regional Managing Directors. You will collaborate with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams.
Reporting to the GM - Hospitality, you will collaborate with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to develop, plan, manage, and deliver Product, Go-To-Market, and Customer Delight initiatives that are critical to Lightspeed’s goals. You are a master of bringing people together to execute complex programs, of sourcing data and inputs from across the organization, and live in the details but can easily pivot to view the business as a whole.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Work across the global Hospitality organization to identify opportunities and develop action plans to accelerate revenue growth and market share, improve the customer experience, enhance sales and operating efficiencies, and support the integration of M&A acquisitions in achieving the “One Lightspeed” vision.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure coordination and transparency in project scope, goals, deliverables, data requirements, tasks and resource requirements
- Manage the expectations and involvement of multiple stakeholders at all levels (including the C-Suite) on each initiative, define risk management plans, oversee impact and interdependencies between teams
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on ongoing initiatives; including status, timelines, KPIs, risks, and issues
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Deep cross-functional business experience, with a track record of successfully delivering large-scale programs on time and meeting all objectives
- Experience delivering projects that span cross-organization, including go-to-market (sales, support, marketing, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders (at all levels) across the organization
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Amazing organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Team player with the ability to influence positive outcomes
- Passion for technology
- Positive, can-do attitude
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!