Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Financial Analyst in our Mergers and Acquisitions department. Reporting to the Director of finance, M&A, the ideal person to join us is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of financial analysis, financial reporting, and integration of financial operations. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance M&A team in a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting with financial due diligence of target companies and review of the financial information in the transaction documents
- Opening balance sheet procedures including audit procedures and net working capital adjustments
- Assisting with Purchase Price Allocations
- Supporting the post-merger integration of financial operations and systems and welcoming new finance members to the team
- Working cross-functionally and supporting various finance functions (including accounting, financial reporting, FP&A, treasury, internal controls, payroll) with in-depth business knowledge of the acquisitions
- Supporting the audit function and providing support to external auditors related to acquisitions
- Assist and perform a wide variety of analysis and accounting tasks related to acquisitions
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- CPA completed
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Advanced accounting knowledge and familiarity with accounting for acquisitions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at handling sensitive documents
- Fluency in English
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Big 4 firm experience preferred
- M&A and due diligence experience
- Experience with Netsuite or other similar ERP systems
- Experience working with diverse teams across the world
- Experience in a high growth, technology company
- Excellent written and spoken French
What’s in it for you:
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Be part of a team that’s making a huge impact on our quest to empower small and medium-sized businesses with some cool tech that’s critical to managing their business!
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- This role provides the opportunity for you to learn about M&A from the financial perspective of the acquirer, develop financial acumen through a deep understanding of the transactions and build your interpersonal skills with teams across the globe - all at the same time!
- Potential travel opportunities and beautifully renovated office space in a castle, one of the best development centers in Montreal (should COVID restrictions allow this in the future)
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!