Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team in Finance. By analyzing and optimizing operational data for our payments processing business, you'll accelerate and improve our ability to make decisions by ensuring we have access to timely and accurate information. If you love digging into the root causes of problems, finding patterns, and working with multiple teams, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Act as dedicate financial business partner for our payments business segment
- Forecast company-wide payments revenue by understanding regional trends relating to the various KPIs of our business
- Analyze payments rates to ensure profitability on credit card processing for Lightspeed merchants across the globe
- Understand the regional differences between markets in terms of customer behaviours and country regulations
- Build a model that helps us define different pricing scenarios for different types of customers in order to optimize our pricing, tailor it to our customers, and translate it into revenue
- Provide support on various payments related issues and ad hoc analysis. Contribute to the design of financial models, scenarios, and sensitivities for projects and reporting requirements and interpret results
- Build clear and insightful reports. Improve the financial reporting reliability, accuracy, clarity and production time
- Build relationships with other departments and help create system solutions to accurately record new business transactions for both operational and consolidated results
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation that supports reporting needs and audit processes
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Experience within the Payments Industry, related to pricing, card mix, and interchange
- Expert knowledge in Excel is a must
- 2-3 years experience related to Financial Analysis
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Able to handle a high volume of transactions
- Excellent communication skills
Even better if you have, but not required
- Some experience in financial planning and analysis
- 3+ years experience in a Business Analyst or Data Analyst role (includes SQL and Python skills)
- Interest in technology
- Experience with tools like Netsuite, Adaptive, Looker and more
Who you are
- Ability to multitask
- Willingness to learn new data systems.
- Ability to take directions and to communicate issues.
- Ability to work independently
- Great attention to data accuracy and integrity
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical skills and organisational skills
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set from industry-leaders in finance and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your financial skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
- Work hard-play hard! Join a dynamic, hard-working team who knows how to celebrate our achievements
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!