We’re extremely excited to grow our Payments leadership team. Lightspeed Payments is the heart of everything we do at Lightspeed. The growth of Lightspeed Payments is the growth of Lightspeed itself. Through its suite of products, Lightspeed Payments processes billions of dollars worth of transaction volume every year which powers the success of our business today. The innovative financial products that this team brings to market will power the success of our business for years to come. Lightspeed Payments is an integral part of our future growth strategies.
We are looking for a Director/Senior Director of Engineering to lead the Lightspeed Payments department. You will help us continue to grow our team and product offerings, and ensure the success of our merchants every day. This role will report to our SVP of Technology and work closely with the Director of Product and General Manager of the Lightspeed Payments unit.
You will be in charge of building and maintaining teams, scaling services, helping architect solutions, continuously improving engineering processes, and maintaining collaboration between the payments team and the various point-of-sale products that we’ve brought to market for the Hospitality, Retail and Golf industries.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a company who is the leader in its market and continues to invest in expanding its advantage. In addition, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment with experienced industry leaders.
For this job, we are open to office based, hybrid or full remote candidates based in Eastern Canada/US or EMEA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and grow the 60+ person globally distributed technology team that is building our payments systems.
- Ensure the team builds highly reliable and scalable payments platform components with streamlined deployments, alerting/monitoring, and security through clear goals, repeatable processes and metrics.
- Facilitate relationships with product and technology leaders for Lightspeed’s point-of-sale products as well as with our payments partners.
- Run an efficient metrics-based team process to execute on business priorities in a timely and predictable manner.
- Partner with product management to build the best product in the market.
- Engage with the business stakeholders around the company to ensure we are building the right product.
- Hire, develop and retain top talent in the industry. Think big and build the best teams to deliver the products that customers love!
We're looking for a Director/Senior Director level candidate who has experience with the following:
- Senior Management experience leading multiple teams for large-scale SaaS companies. Engineers will need to respect you for your organizational skills and technical achievements.
- Experience in scaling and managing global and diverse teams. Attract, retain, develop talent at all levels. Understand how to build and improve engineering culture.
- Experience with building and operating containerized SaaS systems and solutions.
- Strong decision making skills, ability to operate autonomously, to extract and prioritize information, and to exercise good judgment calls. Experience scoping and leading complex multi-team and multi-year initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to drive outcomes and be articulate with technical and non-technical audiences. Create effective frameworks for feedback and solutions on complex topics. Able to operate effectively in a cross-functional organization collaborating with product, and business partners.
- Process improvement mentality. Track record of growth of engineering efficiency through tools, data driven approach and team organization.
- Life-long continuous learning of business, management and technology.
- Familiarity with how the best SaaS companies operate as organizations and platforms.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!