Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Human Resources Business Partner to support our growing European organization. You will be a key member of a HR team providing generalist support in multiple key areas and supporting our internal business units. As the Business Partner, you will be the main contact for all people-related projects and will partner with HR colleagues and key stakeholders and leaders to deliver an HR service in line with the needs and priorities of our growing teams in the Netherlands, Belgium, and the UK.
You have a strong passion for people coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude. You are well versed in the unique challenges that come with a fast-growing organization and are ready to roll up your sleeves to keep your client group satisfied.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide front-line HR support and advise on HR policies, procedures, and benefits
- Be first line of contact in Human Resources for any employee relations’ issues
- Implement and ensure appropriate use of HR systems within department
- Provide recruitment assistance as required and participate in the talent selection process
- Provide on-boarding services, answer new hire questions and ensure that all HR-related paperwork is completed and filed
- Manage off-boarding process, including carrying out exit interviews
- Maintain impeccable records in the HRIS and employee filing system
- Be aware of and advice on HR-related legal and compliance issues
- Assist managers in providing accurate and timely payroll reporting
- Be a true business partner to your client group
- Take on any additional special projects as required by the client group or HR team
- Degree in HR or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in a HR specialist or generalist function within a software technology company
- Adept at handling sensitive documents and situations, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Dutch labour law and regulations
- Accuracy and obsessive attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and change management skills
- Strong business acumen including negotiation abilities
- Ability to thrive in rapidly-changing environment
- Team player with the drive to work autonomously
- Fully bilingual (Dutch and English); excellent communication skills
- Experience in a high-growth company
- Understanding of/experience with UK and Belgian labour law and regulations
- Other specialized HR experience (performance management, compensation management, etc).
- Experience working with a North American HQ
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!