Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Reporting to the Implementation Specialists Team Lead, you will be responsible for facilitating the product orientation and training sessions for new Lightspeed clients (for our Restaurant products) via virtual onboarding sessions. Your goal is to help customers understand the POS software and equip them with all the knowledge they need to get set up and go live running their business, both in store and online. In order to succeed, you will need to have experience with high level customer service, some Hospitality experience, and are not afraid of/can adapt quickly to a fast paced, high energy environment.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Serving as a Lightspeed product expert, you will be responsible for providing virtual onboarding sessions to new and existing customers.
- Responsible for introducing, training and empowering our new customers through instructing, navigating the resources, as well as training them on specific aspects of our products, depending on their workflow-specific needs.
- Comfortable leading one to one, or one to many sessions, and be able to adapt to the customers’ comfort and skill levels.
- Build and maintain an active relationship with the customer to further their satisfaction, business and growth.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through each stage of the post-sales relationship, including onboarding, follow-ups, and hand-off to support.
- Create and manage documentation that pertains to the product orientations and processes.
- Continued learning of Lightspeed’s core products and add-ons, as needed.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings in which you collaborate and share best practices and product knowledge, amongst other things.
- Work with the Implementation Specialists, Launch Coordinators and other internal teams to ensure the customers have what they need in order to ensure a timely and successful launch of their Lightspeed Restaurant product.
About our team
The Implementation Specialist team is an exciting, dynamic, fun and booming group of former retailers/restaurateurs, techies, and people who are passionate about customer service. As a branch of the Customers department, we’re customer-obsessed and we know our stuff- which allows us to deliver a best-in-class onboarding and implementation experience. We take our deep knowledge and experience in retail and/or hospitality, combined with our drive to dissect and understand tech, and we use it to set up our customers for absolute success getting started with Lightspeed Restaurant!
It’s an exciting time to be on the Hospitality Implementation Specialist team- our product map is growing fast, with newer and stronger Hospitality solutions! This means that we have a lot of large and exciting projects happening, with a future certain to be full of great new things!
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience in customer-facing activities (ideally in a B2B environment)
- Experience in Restaurant/Hospitality
- Experience in training, teaching, onboarding or facilitating orientation sessions
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and teach tech concepts
- Excellent communication skills in English - spoken and written
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Previous experience in a technical role (software, IT, tech support)
- Knowledge of Apple tools, web technologies, and networking.
- Knowledge of system integration through API.
- Good understanding of Restaurant Point of Sale technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in French - spoken and written
Due to the nature of the role the ideal candidate for this position will support the NOAM team. Based on this, the working shift will be 2-9 pm UK time.
Who you are
- You have strong time management abilities and know how to prioritize tasks
- You pride yourself on having strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- You are curious by nature, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo and explore innovative ways of doing what you do best.
- You enjoy continuous learning; new products, new tools, new workflows...
- You are autonomous, but know how to work in a team
- Most importantly, you know how to have fun while staying focused on your goals!
What’s in It for You?
- Unlimited Annual Leave with our PTO scheme
- £400 annually towards Health and Wellbeing
- Dental cover
- Private healthcare
- Optical cover
- Opportunity to join a growing team, in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Work with a team of incredibly talented and forward-thinking people!
- Work for a team that values hard work, and knows how to celebrate the wins
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
In short, an opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!