Lightspeed’s Product Content team is looking for someone to help steer the localization and internationalization of our products as we continue to grow into new markets. As part of the Product & Technology department, you’ll work closely with our product content writers and translators to drive voice and tone, key wording, and content for each of our supported languages. Reporting to the Product Content Manager, the Localization Coordinator will be the go-to person for all the multi-language words and content that our users interact with.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product designers, product content writers, product managers, internal reviewers, engineers, and others to translate and localize our product offering.
- Facilitate communication of localization requirements with our translation agency, share insights, resolve any issues and ensure that we operate in line with our overall localization strategy.
- Share best practices and evangelize our localization efforts.
- Work with developers on the technical aspects of string management in our Translation Management software.
- Develop and implement processes to increase efficiency, and manage cost and time to market for release versions.
- Experience with translation or translation management.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English and at least one of the following languages: French, Dutch or Spanish.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and self-manage priorities.
- Strong willingness to work in a demanding, fast-paced tech environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on independent research and problem solving.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Written Communication, Translation or other equivalent field.
- Experience with software localization and linguistic validation is an asset
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!