Lightspeed is growing at a fast pace and we’re looking for a passionate Manager and Leader to join and head our Data Engineering/ DataOps practice within our Corporate Data team. The primary function for this position will be to establish and maintain efficient Data Pipelines for our corporate partners.
You are inspired by generating value by leveraging data within the organization. Building high performing teams and collaboration are part of your skills. If you excel in building efficient Data Engineering pipelines and you are well versed in Data Management, Data Governance and Data Science, we might have the perfect opportunity for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Lead and manage a team of highly skilled data practitioners that design, build and develop ETL/ELT data pipelines for Corporate Business Functions
- Understand, manage or influence the collection, storage, management, pipelines, quality and protection of data in accordance with Data Management frameworks.
- Guide, motivate, coach and grow team of skilled practitioners. Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team.
- Work in collaboration with key technical stakeholders to deliver and improve Data Engineering pipelines as well as Data solutions and architectures.
- Implement and maintain DataOps methodologies and standards.
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our data pipelines, processes and practices
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Management role with a focus on Data Engineering and Data pipeline implementation.
- Project management skills: solid understanding of Agile developments and continuous delivery best practices applied to data related backlogs. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Management experience in a Software Engineering and Data context, with the ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Analytical, innovative, collaborative, tenacious and result driven mindset
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal (French and English)
- Professionalism and ethical behaviour
- Profound understanding of Data protection and ethical use of data within an organization in accordance to regulatory and compliance standards
- Ability to partner effectively with technical teams (back-office systems, technology foundations teams or product teams) to facilitate implementation of solutions.
- Experience with Data Management framework, more specifically DMBOK.
- Experience with Data Governance and Master Data Management
- Hands-on work is expected and should have a clear understanding of knowledge of technologies, governance, security, cost management within a Cloud based Data environment [Cloud DWH (BigQuery, Snowflake, RedShift), Middleware (Informatica, Talend), DAG pipelines (Airflow), iPaaS (Mulesoft, FiveTran), NoSQL (Document, Key-Value), BI (Looker, Tableau)]
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience with data capabilities in a cloud first / SaaS context
- Experience with DataOps Concepts, Data Science, Cloud Infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with Data Governance solutions (Collibra, Alation)
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence, Monday or similar tools
- Experience with compliance requirements (SOC, GDPR etc.)
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!