Reporting to the Director of HR Operations, Systems, and Talent Insights, the Manager, HR Operations & Compliance will be responsible for managing the Employee Shared Services Team (ESS) of HR Coordinators. Furthermore, you will be developing and managing thoughtful, scalable, HR policies and processes that shape the employee lifecycle and are compliant, efficient, and reflect our culture and values.
This critical function will focus on excelling in service delivery of people operations through an evolving governance framework. This role will collaborate closely with the Systems & Insights team, People Partnerships, Talent Management and Total Rewards functions to design HR business process and implement solutions that transform how we deliver a leading employee experience. The team’s expertise extends beyond day to day back-end services towards more process enhancement, automation and usage of ever evolving technology.The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical skills, has high critical thinking and is extremely people oriented.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Drive HR process management ensuring HR operational rigor and standardization with accurate, timely, and robust data management, process, documentation and governance practices
- Lead the shared services (P&C Coordinators) team responsible for timely, accurate and high-quality service for people ops activities supporting the full employee life cycle
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements related to labor law, data protection, recordkeeping and reporting
- Own the file management structure and practices within our confidential P&C files
- Develop and manage thoughtful, scalable, HR policies and processes that shape the employee lifecycle and are compliant, efficient, and reflect our culture and values
- Responsible for all internal HR audits and ensure we are in compliance with all audit requirements, including SOX by September 2021
- Responsible for all process, documentation and transition for M&A P&C integration including a roadmap for process transition customized per acquisition
- Ensure data integrity by way of driving best practices through training on systems/tools, processes, auditing, and internal tracking
- Partner with local Business Partners, and legal team (as appropriate) to expand knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and procedural approaches, and ensure adherence to documentation and standards
- Partner with the HR systems team to articulate business and functional requirements to enable a simple, scalable, automated, and flawless experience throughout the employee lifecycle
- In collaboration with HR Systems and Talent Insights teams, design and deliver on a comprehensive roadmap for process transformation and strong project and change management to execute against it resulting in automation, standardization, and centralization of People processes and systems where possible
- Support and contribute to key global, regional initiatives, and ensure that key deliverables of projects are met. Work collaboratively with key stakeholders, providing frequent and clear communication regarding the status of projects and highlight potential risks early
- Implement initiatives that enable compliance and operational efficiencies
- Manage select vendor relationships to support key HR processes
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or relevant field
- Proven work experience as an HR Operations Manager or Business Process and compliance equivalent experience
- Proven track record of implementing and scaling people processes, operations, and systems
- Experience in business analysis, project management and process improvement in a fast-paced environment
- Team Management skills
- Motivated self-starter with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and changing demands
- A flexible leader who can operate at a strategic level but also perform operational/tactical responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of HR information systems
- Experience with Global Employment laws, controls, compliance
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Passion for technology, data, process/workflows, controls/audits.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in high-growth company
- People management experience
What's in It for You?
- You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed.
- You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!