Lightspeed is on the hunt for a Marketing Specialist to join our Amsterdam-based team to support our growth in the UK.
You will juggle multiple projects and will make sure all of them are planned, scheduled and completed on-time and in alignment with Lightspeed's strategic priorities. You will work on everything from managing and tracking UK specific marketing projects, events in London, to marketing and partnership activities and large UK national events.You are stoked to join a fast-paced, dynamic digital marketing team and will use your creativity to turn technical capabilities into customer benefits.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What you will be accountable for:
Project and campaign management
- Assist marketing manager and team in development and execution of marketing campaigns, including content creation, new product launches, social media, upsell, cross sell, and sales enablement for the UK and greater areas and reach target audience through identified channels
- Manage all aspects of our projects, ensuring activities are planned, deliverables and timelines are met and dependencies are communicated to partners and the global marketing team
- Constantly monitor and report on the progress of projects. Develop mechanisms to alert stakeholders when the project is not on schedule and provide recommendations on blockers
- As needed, act as primary point of contact for external vendors to ensure products and services are delivered within the agreed-upon time frame for events and other activities
- Support the Event manager with trade shows, masterclasses and other events related to the UK market
- Work with the local sales manager and team to communicate event requirements and gain feedback
- Become highly knowledgeable about Lightspeed products and customers in order to develop product messaging that clearly differentiates Lightspeed’s offerings
- Write and maintain UK related content. In the form of blogs, customer cases, whitepapers and other required content
- Maintain our UK relations and partnerships
- Seek new partnership opportunities that support our marketing strategy in the form of influencers, associations and events
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing
- University degree in business, creative writing or marketing or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Wordpress
- Full professional fluency in English
- Being an independent thinker, and have outstanding written communication skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong project and time management skills as well as good business acumen
- Excellent communication and people skills with experience in managing local projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, international, dynamic, and results-driven organisation
- Deep understanding of the UK market, and how to build brand awareness therein, preferably with experience living in the UK
- Experience in managing events, marketing campaigns, content and partnerships
- Experience working with UK/IE independent businesses is a plus
**Please submit an English CV when applying.