Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Front-End Developer to join our Amsterdam-based Development team to help us build the next level eCom solution.
You will join our fast growing front-end team in Amsterdam to work on the eCom product building UI components and helping our users grow their businesses. You have a strong technical background matched with a passion for the web? You like technical & product challenges, takes pride in the quality of your work, proactive & critical thinker? If you are looking for new challenge and think this might be for you, then maybe we should talk.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Create functional and beautiful web applications, with a focus on the client side;
- Provide estimates for development effort;
- Evolve and implement new and existing UIs;
- Work with Lightspeed’s back-end systems team to deliver product features and functionality;
- Work on building React components for our new features.
- 3+ years experience developing production-grade software;
- Experience building & working on large scale webapps;
- Experience using JS Frameworks/Libraries (we use React & Redux);
- Practical understanding of HTML, CSS (prepocessors such as Sass or LESS is a plus) & Responsive Design;
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to learn new technologies or paradigms.
- Familiarity with test driven development (we use Jest);
- Familiarity with build tools & task runners like Webpack & Gulp;
- Familiarity with node & NPM ecosystem;
- Experience working in an Agile development environment;
- Highly proficient in a commandline environment.
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Ability to work with highly skilled people and grow within the global Lightspeed Development team
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and leadership
- Dedicated innovation time built in to your sprint
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!
Do you want to experience Lightspeed before applying? Come meet us at our open house event on the 6th of February. Register via Eventbrite