Lightspeed is seeking a part-time Office Coordinator/Marketing Assistant to join our London office. We're looking to have someone for +/- 30h per week. As part of the Operations team, you will take care of the office coordination and the fun stuff. If you are interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with an awesome team at a growing technology company and love being the one who makes everything run like clockwork, this may be the position for you. This role is for someone who is self-motivated, very well organised, and obsessed over the details. You are ready for the unique challenges that come with being part of a fast-growing organization. You love to learn, and you are ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one point of sale system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
1. Office Coordination
- Maintaining communication with The Office Group
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including shipping/couriers for the team
- File, archive, and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Manage the ordering and stocking of office and kitchen supplies
- Be the first aider and fire warden for the office.
- Keep the office clean to promote an efficient working environment
- Be the first point of contact for the office and be the “go to person”
- Meet and greet visitors on arrival
- Manage the schedules of the meeting room
- Collaborating with other office coordinators for alignment across the region
- Travel coordination for UK employees and arrangements for those who are visiting
- Coordinate the fun stuff (birthdays!)
- Organise team lunches, dinners, and events
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
2. Marketing Customer Coordination
- Engaging with local customers and prospects both in person and online.
- Assisting EMEA events manager with local events and trade shows
- Assisting EMEA social media specialist with social media posts
- Be the local point of contact for the UK marketing specialist and assisting the EMEA marketing team in coordinating local customer activities such as photo / video shoots, interviews, gift hand outs, etc.
- 1-3 years in administration, office coordination or similar roles
- Fluent written and verbal English
- Strong ability to multitask
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for people and technology
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Other languages is a plus
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A modern office with panoramic views of the city, and a rooftop terrace overlooking the Shard;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Awesome snacks (better than all other Lightspeed offices ;))
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Amsterdam;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!