Lightspeed is seeking high-energy, driven individuals to join our team as a Partner Development Representative for a 6-months contract. Reporting to the Manager of Channel Sales, this role is focused on generating a pipeline of prospective resellers through cold calling and managing a queue of inbound applications. The ideal candidate will have experience generating leads or selling technology-based solutions. If you’re looking to grow your Sales career, then this is the position for you!
On a daily basis you will pursue companies (varying from e-commerce/retail or hospitality start-ups to enterprises) that are - or might be - attractive to partner with. You then activate these partners to build on our platform and close a commercially attractive deal. You will support partners during app development, and aid to launch and help market the new apps to our merchants. You have a business mindset, are an excellent communicator, and understand API’s/coding and technical product management. You work to succeed and get paid to help other companies thrive on our platforms!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Generate leads through outbound cold calling, email prospecting, LinkedIn etc.
- Research potential businesses that could represent Lightspeed
- Pitch Lightspeed’s value proposition through calls, emails or other prospecting methods
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and partners by providing them with a world-class experience
- Identify partners needs to determine if Lightspeed solutions would be a good fit
- Work with the Channel sales manager to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly goals
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- Cold calling, prospecting experience is a plus
- Strong desire to be in technology sales, and a strong technical aptitude
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets
- Ability to thrive in a competitive, dynamic and quota-driven environment
- Fluency in English
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Open availability
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS
- Fluency in other languages
- Retail/Hospitality experience
And when you’re not fostering business relationships?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 375 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!