Reporting directly to the Director of Sales Engineering and training, you will be responsible for overseeing the initial knowledge and skills of Lightspeed’s partners. You will welcome and onboard these partners to our program and guide their training experience with regard to our software and sales techniques. Once onboarded and successfully certified, you will support their initial sale and set them up for long term achievement with their partner manager. Collaborating closely with the partnerships team, your goal will be to create and deliver relevant learning content to new and existing partners at an exceptional standard, to develop fully capable and certified partners, and to encourage the professional and competent sale of our solutions.
About you: You are naturally charismatic and have experience in sales. You are comfortable around technology. You have polished organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once. You’re professional and personable, feeling comfortable both in 1:1 scenarios and in front of groups or larger audiences. You have a keen attention to detail, with an emphasis on proficient content development and delivery. You have knowledge of design of learning materials and resources, including the ability to adapt these for a variety of environments, media and audiences. This may include conference presentations, group workshops, online testing, one-on-one skills development, and more.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide product demonstrations to customers and to partners
- Guide a new partners through their onboarding journey
- Help to manage the partner certification program
- Design modular learning curricula for new and existing Lightspeed partners
- Upskill existing partners to keep their knowledge up to date
- Create and deliver presentations and interactive training exercises
- Design online distance learning materials
- Create, administer, and analyze knowledge assessments
- Create and deliver one-on-one and group training for continuing development
- Manage the learning component of other partner training projects as required (e.g., yearly summit)
- Support sales with technical and product knowledge
- Provide customized training and support to large or white-glove partners, as directed
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 3+ years of experience working in learning and development or in a sales supporting role.
- Proficient in French and English both in written and spoken form
- Bsc. in Sales, Communications, Public Relations, or Education
- Extensive experience with one-on-one and classroom training
- Experience both using and creating online learning tools
- Ability to explain complicated procedures in a clear, understandable manner
- Proven ability to use technology to create learning resources across a range of media and for a variety of audiences
- Strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance
- Skilled at collaborating on projects across departments and time zones
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering corporate learning systems
- Technology/software sales experience
- Experience with OS X and iOS operating systems
- Knowledge of retail, hospitality, ecommerce and accounting practices
- Master’s Degree in Sales, Communications, Public Relations, or Education
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!