Lightspeed is seeking an energetic, client-centric, and numbers-driven Payment rate analyst in our Montreal office. This role is responsible for analyzing payment rates to present key findings and recommendations to ensure profitability. We’re looking for an organized, analytical and ambitious team member who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Analyze payments rates to ensure profitability on payment processing for Lightspeed merchants across North America
- Build and maintain pricing and profitability models to support pricing optimization strategies that are tailored to LS customers and generates revenue
- Build the structure of the bank settlements and put in place a daily process to ensure banking fulfillments and statement analysis
- Provide support on various payments related issues and ad hoc analysis. Contribute to the design of financial models, scenarios, and sensitivities for projects and reporting requirements and interpret results
- Work closely with the Sales teams in order to price business opportunities, taking into account and balancing the overall payments revenue goals
- Engage in guided analytical dives in areas such as merchant performance, category and industry competition.
- 1-2 years experience in an administrative or analytical role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Stellar time management and organization skills
- Perfect written and spoken English
- Remarkable communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple mandates under tight deadlines
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Recognized knack for problem-solving and learning on the fly
- Comfortable in highly technical environments
- Experience within the Payments industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!