Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Payment Reconciliation Analyst to join our Payments Operations team. As a reconciliation analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing and reconciling account information for Lightspeed, as well as overseeing and verifying that all charges in debit, credit, cash, or other payment methods are reconciled on a regular basis. We're looking for a smart, detail-oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem-solving, dashboard creation, and report building. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with superior Excel skills, outstanding analytical skills, and a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast-paced environment.
Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will work on multiple web portals and platforms to perform reconciliation on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. With a general sense of curiosity, you will work to find anomalies in data, third-party reporting, and internal systems.
What you’ll be responsible for…
- Perform processor and bank reconciliation, ensuring accurate data is consumed by internal systems and provide regular status updates.
- Assess reconciliation policies and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Review current processes and work with various stakeholders to introduce automation where necessary to reduce manual work in reconciliation management and when payments systems change.
- Conduct account analysis, identifying and reporting trends, risks, and discrepancies and support overall profitability analysis of the payments product.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly account level reconciliation reports and produce a consolidated reconciliation status report for all sub-merchants.
- Work closely with key individuals throughout the global organization to develop reconciliation processes and reports for new businesses.
- Reviews implemented changes to appropriate data systems to assess potential impacts to the reconciliation process. Assists with the development of new or ad-hoc reconciliation procedures and templates.
- Performs root cause analysis and participates in discussions with payment system support staff to identify causes of out-of-reconciliation conditions external to company systems.
- Participates in discussions with others on the team while navigating the engagement model between the reconciliation team and other support groups to monitor and track progress within the issue resolution process.
- Strong knowledge of products, end to end processes and systems.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English.
What you’ll be bringing to the team…
- Proven aptitude and desire to learn new, complex concepts and systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel a must.
- A general sense of curiosity to explore and understand the movement of money.
- Knowledge and experience of financial reconciliation, preferably within the financial industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, accounting, finance, economics, data science or other analytical disciplines
- Strong organization, communication, and team-oriented skills.
- Good conceptual thinking with proven analytic, problem-solving, and effective reporting skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- A positive, energetic, can-do attitude.
Even better if you have, but not necessary...
- Additional written and spoken language, such as French, German, Dutch or Spanish.
What’s in it for you…
Payments Operations members benefit from a lot of autonomy, flexible work culture in an environment that promotes the professional and personal growth of each co-worker.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!