Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Payroll & Benefits, you will be responsible for processing EMEA's payroll on a monthly schedule in accordance with the labor standards acts and Lightspeed policies and procedures, as well as other tasks as needed.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- The maintenance and preparation of payrolls.
- Data validation and resolving discrepancies within tight deadlines;
- Manage relationships with various global payroll providers with focus on the accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports;
- Coordinate payroll approvals & funding instructions with the Finance team;
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, journal and accrual reports;
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations and company policies;
- Attend to payroll specific queries from employees;
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, unemployment claims, government correspondences, and verification of employments for international entities;
- Stay up to date with local payroll regulations;
- Support the Finance teams with month-end close and reporting activities;
- Support various internal and external audits;
- Provide payroll feedback and data when required to support ongoing HR projects;
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in payroll;
- Experience in payroll for UK and DACH Region;
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders such as other HR functions, employees, and local payroll providers;
- Excellent communications skills in English and German;
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment;
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes;
- Problem solving mindset & positive attitude;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- You will also need to be versatile, flexible and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines/changes from Lightspeed
What's in it for you:
- You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization
- You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed
- You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark.
- At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!