Lightspeed is a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced global technology company. We’re helping to shape the future at Lightspeed by building an unparalleled People & Culture team. Lightspeed is seeking a full-time People & Culture Coordinator (PCC) in either in CST or EST timezones. The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational skills, has high respect for confidentiality and is extremely attentive to detail. Reporting to the Manager of Talent Operations & Compliance, the P&C Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the People & Culture functions to ensure our department is organized and operating efficiently.
The successful candidate will be the right hand to the People Business Partners, Payroll and People Ops team members, assisting with the complete employee lifecycle administration from onboarding sessions to HRIS data integrity and reporting. This role is a key support to the function that cares for our greatest asset: our people!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Own employee lifecycle support and administration for a specific region (new hire paperwork, onboarding, role/salary changes, profile updates, time off management, leaves and terminations), involved in preparation of documentation, tracking/processing information and electronic record-keeping.
- Generating reports as required to support People Partners and Leadership teams.
- Assist in coordination of employee programs that may include training, recognition, DEI, volunteering, and wellness programs.
- Perform audits on system information/contents to ensure data integrity while maintaining strict confidentiality and building upon our internal control mechanisms.
- Create and iterate documentation for current and future-state people processes and workflows connected to the employee lifecycle, people data, systems and technology.
- Identify, recommend and proactively take initiative for process and workflow improvements that will allow us to scale and support our significant growth goals.
- Support global compliance efforts through close collaboration with our Legal team.
- Respond to audit or information requests from Finance, Legal, Internal Audit, or external auditors.
- Participate in organization-wide projects that require cross-departmental support and alignment.
- Assist in preparation for presentations to the business, exposing people data and results.
- Provide general administrative support to the People team and take on special People projects as needed.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proven experience in HR, Administration or Executive Assistant experience
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Discretion and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to use/learn a variety of programs, including (but not limited to): MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheets/Docs, HRIS (BambooHR, Paylocity, Workday), Greenhouse (ATS)
- Intermediate experience with excel or strong comfort and desire to learn
- Experience with US compliance and employment laws
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Even better (but not necessary) if you have:
- University degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Experience handling sensitive documents
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Experience with global mobility
- Experience with HR systems and data
What's in It for You?
- You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market
- You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed
- You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark.
- At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Upserve POS by Lightspeed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve. We partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!