Our mission is your mission: empower customers by creating tools for the commerce ecosystem that break down barriers to success, allowing them to focus on their business – not their business tools. As Principle Designer you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of projects at Lightspeed. The type of projects you might run are design projects (research, interaction design, user experience design and service design) as well as internal development projects, innovation proposals and related special project activities.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead the creative side of projects and support the product development team with creative input, meetings, presentations and proposal writings;
- conduct user requirement analysis, task analysis, conceptual modelling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing. You’ll provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen our team, helping your teammates to build contextual, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our users. You will encourage high-quality work without sacrificing speed;
- work closely with our global product design team designing for cross-product, cross- platform foundational features, leveraging and incorporating the domain expertise of team members focused on specific merchant workflows and actions;
- work closely with product management stakeholders, you will reach a shared vision to identify and define new features, collaborating with our UX researchers.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- A portfolio demonstrating creativity and world-class quality work;
- you are able to quickly understand, analyze, and respond to product memos;
- capacity of delivering on creativity of output (innovation and beauty) driving internal and external customer satisfaction with the completeness and suitability of your work (working with internal customer to earn satisfying performance and delivery scores);
- 2+ years of proven track record of leading digital design teams and delivering;
- 6+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of design digital services with consumer applications, preferably mobile devices, rich web apps/site, sales and service applications and back office/administrative application framework construction;
- a deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions.
Nice to have:
- You are passionate about solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design);
- you practice user-centered design and are laser-focused on improving the user experience with existing, and new functionality, suggesting innovations while remaining deadline-driven;
- you love the idea of being part of a global team and an open, inclusive and creative environment.
A hint of what’s in it for you:
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders;
- exposure to modern and proven technology;
- lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work;
- opportunities to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
If you need a little more convincing:
Who is Lightspeed?
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
And what about Lightspeed Global Product Design?
Our mission: empower customers by creating tools for the commerce ecosystem that break down barriers to success, allowing them to focus on their business – not their business tools.