Reporting to the Global Procurement Manager, you are strategic, methodic and experienced in sourcing/procurement. You will be responsible for ensuring the compliance of procurement processes while integrating the different departmental stakeholders into the process itself.
The position works within the parameters of established policies and processes; within your team you are responsible for working together to manage purchasing workloads (tickets & requests), prioritizing activities, troubleshooting, escalating and expediting projects and deliverables.
In addition, you will be a key element to the business by supporting any operational requests and to facilitate the resolution of any vendor related issues, including Accounts Payable, Partnerships and Mergers & Acquisitions.
What you’ll be doing
- To manage and lead status quo renewals, while working closely with the business owner and legal, upon proper due diligence of validation of the need within the company.
- To work closely with the Finance department in updating the status of expenditure by vendor, based on any observed changes spanning from growth, consumption, negotiations, etc.
- To formulate business strategies and to deliver cost savings based on the designated targets.
- To manage, monitor and update the Procurement Tickets based on the existing process.
- Support Operational needs (day-to-day) and to document them within the pertinent systems.
- To create, manage and update a Lightspeed Centralized Renewal Calendar as part of the Procurement Dashboard. This Calendar is to be modular to account for growth as more company acquisitions take place.
- To maintain and update the Procurement Dashboard and the procurement section of other department dashboards (i.e.: IT, Finances, etc).
- To seek and document approvals as per the procurement process, in order to ensure corporate compliance for auditing purposes. This includes:
- Business case & contract summaries.
- IT, Security & IS checklist approvals.
- Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Order support.
- To propose continuous improvement and constructive feedback.
Who you are
- 2+ years direct experience in Procurement (ideally IT procurement)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Exposure collaborating with Legal and/or IT department
- Ability to handle functions related to procurement in a fast paced, highly performant environment:
Vendor management, RFI/Q/P, benchmarking, multi-scenario business cases.
- Organized and proven experience leading and managing governances and KPIs (e.g. keeping track of dashboards)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills in English.
- Business oriented, highly analytical spirit, sense of initiative and strong team player.
Even better if you have, but not necessary (optional)
- Post-Graduate in Supply Chain or Business, or equivalent experience in Procurement within multinational companies.
- Project Management Experience / Dashboard and reporting.
- Experience in IT Procurement, licenses optimization and knowledge about the key vendors in the industry.
- French or German language skills
What’s in it for you
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!