Lightspeed is looking for a disciplined and energetic Program Manager to manage a variety of high-priority projects that span almost all departments across the organization. As a Program Manager, you will collaborate with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to plan, manage, and deliver program objectives that are critical to Lightspeed’s company and business goals. If you’ve mastered the art of bringing people together to execute complex programs, and live in the details but can still see the view from the top, this might be the job for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead program management activities from start to finish, including steering committees, planning, risk & mitigation and resource management for projects you own
- Align with overall product development objectives, and adopt the program framework to improve efficiency and effectiveness for the launch of product releases
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure coordination and transparency in project scope, goals, deliverables, tasks and resource requirements
- Manage the expectations and involvement of multiple stakeholders on each project, define risk management plans, oversee impact and interdependencies between teams
- Leverage and contribute to enhancing tools, processes and practices required to enable delivering against organization’s quality objectives
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on ongoing programs/projects; including status, timelines, KPIs, risks, and issues
- Assist the Senior Director of Program Management & Group PMO in defining and improving processes, project information architecture, and release plans
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Deep project management experience, ideally in software, with a track record of successfully delivering large-scale programs on time and meeting all objectives
- Experience delivering projects that span cross-organization, including go-to-market (sales, support, marketing, etc.)
- Experience with Agile and/or Lean Methodology
- Possesses a minimum of 4 years of experience in a related role,
- University degree in a related discipline
- Data driven mindset and strong reporting capabilities. Capable of implementing and measuring OKR, value metrics and KPIs
- Change management experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders (at all levels) across the organization
- Amazing organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Able to succinctly communicate risk and progress to leadership;
- Able to analyze situations quickly;
- Strong facilitator and negotiator.
- Positive, can-do attitude
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Project Management certification (PMP, PgMP, etc.)
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
- Related industry experience (POS, payments, ecommerce, etc.)
Who is Lightspeed?
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!