Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full time Quality Specialist to join our Montreal team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring software quality through continuous involvement in our Software processes. You will use your experience in test planning and execution in an agile environment, paired with strong technical, troubleshooting, and analytical skills. If you have a passion for quality and want to help deliver software that solves real-world business problems for customers around the globe, we believe we should talk. Here’s a little song we wrote about you: Your love for software testing is matched with your strong technical background. You are well versed with the unusual changes that come with evaluating and communicating Agile software quality. You love testing and you are game with collaborating with a distributed development team to build products that solve real-world problems. You believe that quality is a mindset, not a job description, and know how to work within an agile team to raise the bar.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work as a member of an agile software development team, providing test effort estimates and timely validation of new features and functionality during each development iteration
- Assist in regression testing for new software releases
- Develop, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases based on the functional and technical requirements
- Perform testing on information systems such as Salesforce.com
- Provide timely and accurate test reports
- Collaborate with software developers and technical support experts to identify, document and resolve systems defects
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to refine and improve the company's test methodologies, software development processes, and internal testing tools
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process
- Strong hands-on experience in software quality assurance.
- Experience in functional testing, integration testing and strong interest in automation testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- Track record of showing excellent judgment in test planning, issue escalation and release decisions
- Shown ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Organized and reliable, able to efficiently run multiple tasks
- Ability to produce detail-oriented documentation
- Great attitude and work ethics
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with test automation, performance and/or security testing tools
- Experience with scripting languages and testing REST-like APIs
- Experience with white-box testing
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of SQL
- Solid understanding of various testing techniques and tools, including Postman
- Working knowledge of retail terminology and concepts
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices
- Experience with testing iOS and Mac applications
- Knowledge of Lightspeed or other POS products
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!