Lightspeed is seeking high-energy, driven individuals to join our team as a Sales Development Representative. Reporting to the Demand Generation Manager, this role is the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. Our SDR are responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the Lightspeed’s sales team. The ideal candidate will have experience generating leads or selling technology-based solutions. If you’re looking to grow your Sales career, then this is the position for you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Drive new business growth through qualifying warm inbound leads from marketing generated sources (webinars, trials, quote/demo requests) primarily through telephone and email communication
- Nurture all inbound leads through to qualification for Lightspeed’s inside sales team
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
- Identify customer needs to determine if Lightspeed solutions would be a good fit
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, chats and referrals at a given time
- Manage existing customer database using Salesforce, to ensure all communications are logged and identified
- Work with the Demand Generation Manager to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 1 year of sales experience in a B2B environment, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Strong desire to be in technology sales, and a strong technical aptitude
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets
- Ability to thrive in a competitive, dynamic and quota-driven environment
- Fluency in English
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Open availability
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and iOS
- Fluency in other languages
- Retail/Hospitality experience
And when you’re not fostering business relationships?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 375 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!