Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Sales Engineer (m/w/d) in the UK (London) to improve Lightspeed’s sales productivity and deal flow by providing technical expertise for complex solutions.
You will collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and Support resources, and interact with key customer technical decision-makers to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs. You will be responsible for achieving sales quotas together with the Lightspeed’s Sales teams.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Be the main technical point of contact within Lightspeed’s Sales team;
- proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend optimum solutions and support;
- you will “wow!” prospects and customers by acting as the lead technical expert during product demonstrations, in person or through webinars;
- develop competitive analysis sheets to support Lightspeed’s Sales teams;
- represent Lightspeed at conferences, shows, and exhibitions;
- provide technical coaching and professional development to Lightspeed’s sales team;
- collaborate with Product Management and Support teams on technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alert the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure;
- provide training to customers, staff and resellers when needed;
- handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Experience in customer-facing activities in a B2B environment;
- Fluent and full working proficiency in English;
- Bachelor in Computer Science, or equivalent experience;
- Ability to popularize technical information for a general audience;
- Superior presentation skills;
- Ability to travel frequently;
- Keen eye for detail and quality;
- Strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance;
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Even better if you bring, but not necessary:
- Project Management certification;
- strong understanding of retail and Point of Sale technologies;
- knowledge of Apple tools, web technologies, and networking;
- knowledge of system integration through API.
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
Bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs, now more than ever. You’ll have the opportunity to partner with amazing companies and have a high impact on our company growth.
In return for your skills and experience, you will be offered an attractive package of compensation which involves a competitive base salary, plus commissions. You will also be getting access to a long term equity incentive.
At Lightspeed we guarantee you will work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!