Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Are you a guru when it comes to data? Can you understand, dissect, reassemble, and transform data into meaningful and robust information? Can you translate business imperatives into high-quality models and pipelines? Are you attracted to the latest tech stacks? If so, you can help Lightspeed (a fast-growing Canadian company) accelerate its transformation and M&A execution. We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Information Systems team in Canada.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to understand the data landscape, business process value streams in the context of the evolution, transformation of Lead-to-Cash systems
- Translating business problems into concrete data analyses, models, migration scope, sequence, requirements.
- Creating artifacts like data mapping, lineage, dependency and data inventory; contributing to data dictionary and catalogue.
- Upholding data principles and standards and contributing to a good data governance
- Contributing to data security, classification, and compliance (SOX, GDPR…)
- Working with a team of developers, tech leads in building, testing, reconciling and implementing data transformations.
- Analyzing data in current systems, building procedures for data cleansing, and reconciliation.
- Supporting Architectural Principles and NFRs related to data accuracy, scalability, traceability, reusability, reliability, security(PII) and simplicity
- Collaborating with Project Managers to plan, identify risk factors and regularly communicate progress.
- Influencing decision regarding Data tools, technology, approaches
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Background in participating in successful, complex data projects, including migrations, in the context of M&A and Digital Transformation
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into data requirements
- Strong expertise in data analysis and data profiling
- Ability to communicate with Product Managers, Business Stakeholders, Developers
- Experience in data models and data flows of leading SaaS Lead-to-Cash systems like Salesforce, Netsuite, Hubspot, Zuora, Workday etc
- Excellent data analysis, mapping skills. Advanced SQL skills. (Asset: Experience with BigQuery and GCP)
- Strong experience in SQL/Python scripting (Nice to have: Exposure to iPaaS solutions like Mulesoft, API, message queues, event driven integration)
- Experience in SDLC including Agile, CI/CD, Cloud environments (AWS, GCP)
- Good knowledge of data management, data integration, data quality and database development techniques
- Ability to apply Data Governance principles (Lineage, Quality, Metadata)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to stay positive and motivated while under pressure.
- Bachelor degree in Business Technology Management, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related fields
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set in data and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Join a recently created data team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your data skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- RRSP Contribution
- $500 Health & Wellness Credit
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental Health Online Platform, and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!