Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (Java and/or Kotlin) to join one of our development teams and focus on Lightspeed eCom, our flagship product. You will work on critical projects that will have a tremendous impact on the daily life of thousands of merchants all over the world.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
For this role, you can be office based, hybrid or work fully remotely from the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, France, Belgium or the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and extending functionality of our products by contributing to our flagship platform
- Developing clean and highly maintainable code
- Collaborating as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality
- Engaging with our Product Managers, Architects, Senior/Principal developers, and other stakeholders
- Extending your own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 8 people based mainly in our Amsterdam office and you will collaborate with other colleagues worldwide.
We're looking for a Senior Java Developer who has experience with the following:
- Senior level experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with Relational databases and NoSQL (PostgreSQL, Redis, SOLR , ClickHouse are the ones we use)
- Experience with programming patterns and microservices architecture
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and AWS
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks such as JUnit5
- Mentorship skills to help people grow
- Product mindset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ownership, openness, and commitment
- Full working proficiency in English
Feel free to take a look at our global Tech Stack here: https://stackshare.io/lightspeed/lightspeed
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry: *may vary upon locations
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- 20 legal + 5 extra-legal paid vacation days
- Pension contribution and holiday allowance
- Health and wellness benefit of 400€ per year
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Transit allowance
- Food & drinks, daily office lunch
- Yoga & bootcamp classes
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!