Lightspeed is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Ghent office. As a Designer here, you will play a key role in crafting experiences, interactions and solutions that delight our customers and drive user adoption. You’d touch on all components of product design including user experience, user interface, customer research, ideation, prototyping, testing and validation. You’re also an active and available team member and thrive in problem-solving scenarios. Sound like you?
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work closely with product management and stakeholders, and facilitate user research to identify and define new features
- Own the complete design process for your team from ideation to prototyping, testing, and implementation
- Interact directly with developers and provide documentation to deliver features
- Work closely with our global product design team to help define and refine our visual language and design system
- 5+ years of experience designing and releasing software products and a professional portfolio demonstrating your contribution to those products
- Experience with conducting qualitative and quantitative user research projects
- Experience with prototyping tools and techniques
- Experience working within a product team
- Experience working within a cross-functional development team using Agile methodologies
- Strong visual design skills and proficiency with tools like Sketch
- Education in design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience working with or owning a design system
- Experience designing a B2B SaaS product
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Amsterdam, the bi-annual company barbecues and many more;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!