Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Software Development Manager to join our Amsterdam based Development team.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You’re a leader with a strong technical background. You're pretty awesome at supporting, mentoring and managing a team, and have a reputation for delivering. You slay at problem-solving, and your not-so-secret weapon is pragmatism. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, and you pride yourself on being able to bridge the gap between stakeholders and developers.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Guide, motivate, and grow a team of skilled software developers as they solve complex business problems;
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver;
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices;
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team;
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization;
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team;
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and enforce high standards of code quality;
- Support the tools and products that the team delivers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team comprised of more than 15 developers
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications;
- Advanced skills in PHP, nodeJS, Go or other languages
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams including QA, Product and Customer Support
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience as a DevOps, Sysadmin, or Webmaster
- Project Management or Scrum master experience (or formal training)
- Experience with BI and Big Data pipelines.
- Experience managing QA resources
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch
Do you want to experience Lightspeed before applying? Come meet us at our open house event on the 6th of February. Register via Eventbrite