Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Strategic Partner Manager to join our team in North America. You will be responsible for executing on new commercial and strategic partnerships that help enhance Lightspeed’s product/market fit. Work closely with potential vendors and cross-functional teams internally to directly impact Lightspeed’s offering and enhance the experience of Restaurants to manage their businesses!
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, manage, and maintain pipeline of strategic partnerships by collaborating with cross-functional business unit leaders globally
- Conduct market research and competitive analyses in collaboration with product leaders to identify trends and product gaps for new white-label opportunities in the hospitality space that will result enhanced product market fit for Lightspeed
- Represent Lightspeed to prospective partners by way of pitching and selling the Lightspeed vision
- Build, manage and maintain long-term relationships with white-label vendors
- Lead contract negotiations and oversee execution of definitive documentation for strategic partnerships
- Conduct cost-price analyses and ROI models in collaboration with financial analysts in order to maximize the revenue potential and minimize the costs of a given project
- Conduct in-depth due diligence on identified targets
- Design program plan in collaboration with assigned Product Manager
- Lead the successful and timely execution of large scale strategic projects by resolving project blockers and directing program stakeholders to bring the program into completion
- Develop Go-To-Market plans and design optimal operational processes tailored to the individual needs of each product launch alongside the Product and relevant go-to-market teams.
What you need to bring:
- The platform partnerships team is one of a kind; we are the commercial team with a focus on enhancing Lightspeed’s product and helping deliver its newest features.
- Your experience and network within the SaaS and hospitality space will allow Lightspeed to identify solutions, features and, ultimately, vendors that will help Lightspeed bring innovative solutions to market.
- You are an independent strategic thinker, with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is accustomed to delivering on projects that will enhance user experience and product market fit
- You bring 5+ years of experience in strategic partnerships
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- Experience with financial modeling
- Strong project and/or program management skills
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams and being a problem solver
- Proven track record in Software sales
- High degree of initiative and self-direction with the ability to develop comprehensive partnership strategies
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and group presentation skill;
- Tactical and strategic abilities;
- You are a true motivator with positive energy to fit this vibrant sales/tech team;
- The flexibility to (after Covid) travel regularly to meet with different enterprises. This will not be a 9-5 job, you’ll go above and beyond for the company and especially for your new partner;
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- SaaS sales experience
- Corporate development experience
- Retail or Restaurant experience
- Fluency in other languages to English
- Projects and/or program management experience
What’s in it for you?
Bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs, now more than ever, is what Lightspeed stands for and what you can contribute to. You’ll have the opportunity to partner with amazing companies and have a high impact on our company growth.
In return for your skills and experience, you will be offered an attractive package of compensation which involves a competitive base salary, plus commissions. You will also be getting access to a long term equity incentive.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!