Lightspeed is seeking a Strategic Support Specialist to join the Strategic Solutions team. As a part of the Hospitality team, your contribution will have a direct impact on our largest and most complex customers’ quest to enter the cloud era. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering businesses. Come and help us build our communities!
About our team
The Strategic Solutions team is responsible for Lightspeed’s premium customers: from pre-sale to post-sale, the team ensures these customers feel confident in their investment in Lightspeed. Composed of select, top-performing members from our sales, onboarding, support and customer success teams, the Strategic Solutions team is in charge of implementing and supporting Lightspeed throughout their customer journey. Join our elite team and work with our largest and most complex customers at the highest level of support.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Supporting Lightspeed's premium customers with excellent technical support and customer service.
- Respecting a company defined SLA, and be the main point of contact for the premium clients assigned to your account.
- Developing a deep understanding of the typical business challenges premium customers may face and take the initiative to liaise with our company’s Product and Development teams to help improve the customer experience.
- Using consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution.
- Properly documenting and tracking customer issues and resolutions.
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of troubleshooting, testing procedures and documentation for the technical support staff as well as documenting software defects for review and corrective action
- Working closely with other Strategic Support Specialists as well as Manager and team leader to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 2-5 years of technical customer service experience.
- Proven troubleshooting skills in a technical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Effective telephone communication skills, with the ability to conveying a customer-focused attitude.
- Technical background and experience in POS, SaaS, networking and/or software.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Mac OS.
- Ability to manage technical escalations of at-risk accounts, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Flexibility in your schedule to work.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Hospitality industry experience (hotels and/or restaurants).
- Understands the sales cycle and customer journey in a SaaS environment.
- Ability to travel as part of our field support team (US-Canada).
Who you are
- Results-driven and autonomous individual looking to join a stimulating team.
- Excellent judgment and an ability to de-escalate situations quickly and efficiently.
- Resourceful with a demonstrated ability to anticipate change and proactively adjust priorities and strategies accordingly.
- Comfortable simultaneously managing multiple customers who are at different points on the customer journey.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with enterprise and VIP customers.
- Self-starter who also works well in a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a keen sense of initiative and a desire for professional development.
What’s in it for you
- Get the opportunity to work with our biggest, high profile customers.
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the possibility of working from home.
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale.
- Exposure to modern and proven technology.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skillset, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!