Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
As a Support Specialist II (Payments), you will provide full-time technical assistance for our popular Payment Systems in one of our EMEA offices. As a Payment specialist, you will be counted on to provide Support not only to our customers but our internal Frontline agents who will be primarily receiving incoming calls from our customers.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide excellent technical support and customer service to our customers over the phone and via e-mail support tickets
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution
- Properly document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Follow escalation procedures as required
- Liaise with team leaders to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences
- Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management
About our team
The Montreal support team is made up of foodies, musicians and expert troubleshooters. We work hard and play hard, celebrate everyone’s passions, and help guide our colleagues to do the best work of their lives. If you are looking for a close-knit and hardworking team then you’ve come to the right place!
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Ability to handle multiple outbound telephone calls
- Effective telephone communication skills, with the ability to convey a customer-focused attitude
- Capable of managing multiple internal chats
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Openness to be working weekends and holidays
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Computer hardware and networking experience
- Experience working with Payment Systems or in the payment processing industry
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X
- Retail/Restaurant or eCommerce experience
Who you are:
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity and love critical thinkers
- You have a passion for creating great customer experiences
- You have great problem-solving skills
- You are a self-starter who also works well in a team environment
- You can adapt easily in a constantly evolving role
What’s in it for you:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Access to life and health insurance from day one of employment (premium covered by Lightspeed)
- Flexible paid time off policy (FPTO)
- Pension Contribution Program
- Health and Wellness Credit
- Access to employee Technology Purchase Program
- Opportunity for remote and hybrid work
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!