Our customers' success is our success.
As part of ShopKeep by Lightspeed’s Support team, you will be the first point of contact with our customers, and therefore you will be dealing with a wide variety of requests. This in turn allows you to work closely with multiple different teams at ShopKeep by Lightspeed. We believe that customer support is more than just providing answers to our customers' questions, so together with the team you also focus on constantly improving our product. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be in contact on a daily basis with our customers via phone, emails and chat. This position can be fully remote.
We’d like you to share your ideas on how we can innovate or improve our business to ensure the best customer experience and support our customers in their success.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing effective and comprehensive solutions to questions from our merchants in a timely matter
- Documenting communication with merchants with accuracy and sufficient detail for reporting and future reference
- Identifying relevant support documentation that could be sent to our merchants to encourage self-service support
- Meeting or exceeding our internal key performance indicators for success
- Communicating with our merchants and our team in a friendly and professional manner
- Utilise comprehensive knowledge of ShopKeep by Lightspeed’s Products to provide support to our team via internal communication channels
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 1 or more years of customer service experience in a technical support role
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on great customer service
- A passion for technology
- Proven troubleshooting skills, especially when dealing with new or complex issues
- Be able to empathise with users and quickly grasp the issues they’re facing
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Retail experience using a POS system
- Understanding of Apple products, iOS and MacOS
- Experience in an IT, POS, SaaS or technology company
- Experience training users on software products
- Previous networking experience
What’s in it for you:
- You can expect exciting and diversified tasks as well as a wide range of possibilities in an experienced and international team
- A healthy balance between professional work and existing structures and a good work-life balance
- We support you in your personal development and offer you the necessary space through a dynamic environment
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
This is an evening shift position, working five days a week, including weekends. Regular work hours are from 11am to 11pm with a typical shift pattern being 2.30pm - 11.30pm which would include a 1 x 45 min meal break 2 x 15-minute rest breaks. Ideal candidates must be able to accommodate any schedule fluctuations based on business and operational needs.
ShopKeep by Lightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on grounds of religious belief or political opinion. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.
To demonstrate our commitment to equality of opportunity in employment we need to monitor the community background of our applicants and employees, as required by the Fair Employment and Treatment (NI) Order 1998. You are not obliged to answer the questions on this form and you will not suffer any penalty if you choose not to do so. Any information that you provide will remain confidential and will only be used for monitoring and reporting purposes.
Important: If you answer the questions about your community background and gender you are obliged to do so truthfully, as it is a criminal offence under the Fair Employment (Monitoring) Regulations (NI) 1999 to knowingly give false answers to these questions.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!