Do you have a passion for delivering high-quality software that is used on a global scale? Are you looking to join a dynamic company with a fast-paced environment that focuses on innovative products?
Lightspeed is looking for a Team Lead, Quality Test Development to join our QA Hospitality team. Reporting to the Quality Manager, this position will be responsible for building and executing our test strategy, solidifying our test automation, and coordinating the priorities as part of Lightspeed’s QA Hospitality. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing leadership, mentorship, and structure to the rapidly growing Test Developer team.
If you have worked with remotely organised teams on growing projects, you have a coding-background (Python ideally) and you’re a natural-born problem-solver, this might be the role for you. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
- Leading a global Quality Test Developer team of various levels and specialties
- Solidifying and executing the test automation strategy
- Guiding, coaching and developing motivated team members
- Conducting and preparing one-on-one meetings, performance appraisals, training/mentoring and career development plans for your Test Developer team
- Pushing the ‘continuous improvement’ approach
- Supporting the team in preparing test strategy/planning documentation and effort estimates for projects
- Helping the team in conducting test analysis activities necessary to effectively define, prioritize and write test scenarios
- Working together with other Quality Team Leads and Managers on project plans for conformance to organizational quality strategies and plans
- Collaborating with cross-team Leads and Managers
- Collecting data/metrics required to effectively assess quality/test status and prepare progress reports
- Monitoring and reporting on quality at all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Reviewing test suites, test cases, automated test strategies & solutions
- Providing direction on quality, quality measurement and process guidelines
- Aligning Quality control plans with Lightspeed’s objectives
- Improving our existing, python-based test automation framework efficiently and effective
- Enforcing approved quality/test policies, procedures and standards that need to be followed
- Identifying and proposing process improvements, managing their implementation and evaluating results
- A proven track record as a test automation engineer for commercial software applications with 5+ years, preferably testing business and iOS applications
- 3+ years leading and growing high-performing quality teams
- Strong developer skills in Python, familiar with Selenium, Appium and mock implementations
- Excellent creative, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Established mastery of test automation strategies, test scenarios, and reusable test case designs
- English (written and oral) communication skills on a business level, with experience communicating clearly to developers
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse, global team
- Experience with test automation solutions, CI/CD and version control
- Knowledge in testing REST API
- Experience with mobile devices, Mac environment and cloud applications
- Understanding of hospitality POS and cloud systems
- BSc or MSc in computer science or a related field
- Fluency in French, Dutch or German
- Basic knowledge in Swift, Objective-C and/or Java
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!