The Retail Team Lead role, as part of the Support Team reports to the Support Manager, Retail. This role will be responsible for managing the Montréal Retail Support team and overseeing the day-to-day activities. This full-time position is responsible for ensuring that every customer has an outstanding experience when contacting Support, coaching and supervising the frontline and escalation teams. This position can be fully remote (Canada).
What you’ll be responsible for
- Develop a positive team relationship by being supportive, easily accessible and proactively encourage daily motivation and recognition.
- Monitor daily team performance and individual staff metrics.
- Ensure client issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to creating a high-performing team by mentoring, coaching, and guiding team members on support procedures, best practices and job processes.
- Assist Frontline team members with questions and issues, provide guidelines for more complicated situations by providing hands-on support and take frontline and escalations issues when necessary.
- Carry out manager escalations and cases within a reasonable timeframe.
- Work with team members to ensure adherence to schedules and attendance requirements; coordinate breaks and lunches.
- Assist in department quality assurance.
- Provide weekly reports to the Manager on the health of the team.
- Assist the Manager in specific tasks and side projects while bringing up areas of improvements of existing processes.
- Liaise with support team leaders to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product, Development, Marketing and Strategic Solutions teams to improve client experience via improved workflows and product feature requests.
- Assist in improving communication with coworkers and customers by identifying missing troubleshooting articles and content, creating internal documentation and providing suggestions and contributing to improve technical knowledge base as well as the quality of the support responses.
- Communicate observations on changes and trends to Product Management, QA and Development.
About our team
The Montreal support team is made up of foodies, musicians and expert troubleshooters. We work hard and play hard, celebrate everyone’s passions, and help guide our colleagues to do the best work of their lives. If you are looking for a close-knit and hardworking team then you’ve come to the right place!
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Team Lead role
- Significant customer service experience and customer-focused attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written english communication skills.
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google G Suite applications.
- Basic knowledge of Customer Service and/or Tech Support KPI metrics.
- Proven conflict resolution experience.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Open availability: able to work evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Ability to interface with other departments, all levels of staff and management.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Knowledge of the retail industry and its workflows/challenges.
- Experience managing remote teams.
- Excellent verbal and written French communication skills.
Who you are
- You have strong supervisory skills, with training/mentoring skills that focus on improving performance and morale.
- Being able to adapt to the changing priorities in the business.
- Ability to manage multiple mandates under tight deadlines in high-pressure environments.
- You have amazing interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Very strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Self-starter who also works well in a team environment.
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to lead a team of colleagues who are empowered to deliver best-in-class customer service and technical support
- Opportunity to help build the structure, to identify people’s strengths and the flexibility to nurture your team (nothing is set in stone!)
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- Tons of growth opportunities into the people leadership track
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!