Lightspeed is growing quickly and we need talented professionals to help us build our world class team.
The Vice President of Global Total Rewards is a critical role which will provide leadership and guidance on all total rewards matters. In this new role, you will partner with our Chief People Officer (CPO) and you will be a key member of the People and Culture team as a valued partner to the broader executive team.
You will be responsible for helping to develop our Compensation philosophy, our global Total Rewards programs and practices for executive compensation, broad-based compensation, global benefits and global mobility. You will help build and provide leadership to the total rewards team and will enhance programs and methods to attract and motivate top talent. Additionally, as the Vice President of Global Total Rewards, you will be a member of the People and Culture leadership team and will be a critical advisor to the Chief People Officer on all matters related to global compensation, benefits and mobility as the company continues to grow, both organically and through acquisitions.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide strategic direction to the Total Rewards function to effectively evaluate, design, propose, implement, and communicate compensation and benefits strategy, programs, policies, and initiatives that competitively position Lightspeed to attract, retain and motivate talent.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief People Officer, senior leadership, finance, and legal to maintain appropriate total rewards programs globally.
- Coordinate the preparation of executive compensation disclosure information and assist in the development of communication materials for the compensation committee.
- Support merger and acquisition activities, including due diligence, evaluation, and integration of pay and benefit programs.
- Ensure compensation and benefits plans globally comply with legal and regulations and allow the lightspeed team to attract and attain exceptional talent.
- Proactively manage relevant vendors and negotiate contracts for related products and services.
- Lead the Total Rewards team by being a dedicated and pro-active coach ensuring that developing and investing in your talent is a key component of your role.
- Manage the annual compensation planning process, including market pricing and benchmarking activities.
- Shape Strategy - Effectively linking total rewards with business strategy.
- You are a motivational leader able to step in and lead a global, high performing team to achieve excellence in all they do. Build and grow future leaders for the organization.
- 10 or more years of broad-based benefit, compensation and mobility program design, implementation, and ongoing administration.
- Expert level experience with compensation plan design, including competitive and flexible salary structures, variable plans and equity plans.
- Canadian and/or US compensation committee experience.
- Experience implementing innovative global benefits designed to delight the needs of global demographics.
- Demonstrated ability to create a Global Mobility experience, making the visa, immigration and relocation process, smooth, seamless and impressive for colleagues and their families through the mobility process.
- Experience with implementation and management of compensation systems.
- A bias for action and pragmatic, yet creative, "outside the box" solutions that prove you to be a valuable business partner.
- Ability to travel occasionally to support needs across our global footprint.
What's in It for You?
You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market. You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed. You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!