To our merchants
At Lightspeed, we firmly believe that as independent businesses, you are vital hubs for human connection and interaction. At this unprecedented moment in time, as our capacity to come together in a physical space is temporarily put on pause due to the impact of COVID-19, we want to assure you that we will get through this exceptionally challenging period, together.
From resources to help keep your business going to tips for using your downtime to catch up on operational tasks, we've gathered the information you need to help keep you safe, informed and productive during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re also offering tools and access to new revenue streams to help you navigate and adapt to the necessary changes in consumer behaviour that we are witnessing on a daily basis. Please reach out for details on how we can help your business.
* Only valid for new activations, no purchase obligation beyond 3 months.
Strategies for weathering the storm
Tips and resources to help you access financial aid, cut costs and maximise profitability to keep your retail or hospitality business going.
- Apply for business rates relief with your local council
- Perform a cycle count or full count of your retail inventory and get organised
- Do a full audit of your retail business by running these Lightspeed Analytics reports
- Develop a cost effective marketing strategy for your restaurant
- Perform a break even point analysis to get an overview of your hospitality operations
- Review your restaurant insurance policy
Look to ecommerce to keep serving customers.
Now more than ever, customers will be looking online for their needs. Be there for them through ecommerce.
- Start thinking about omnichannel business opportunities
- Sign up for three months of Lightspeed eCom for free to help the transition
- Make sure your eCom site has an optimised customer experience
- Start selling on Facebook and Instagram and drive more traffic to your eCom store
- Refresh your social media skills so you're ready to hit the ground running
- Craft eye-catching posts with these free social media templates
Pivot to delivery to serve your diners.
Get through slow periods and closures with a strong delivery model.
- Start offering delivery services and make sure your customers know how to order
- Keep your new services in budget by signing up for three free months of delivery integration by Lightspeed
- Keep connected with at-home diners using social media marketing
- Attract hungry delivery customers by promoting your positive reviews
Get ready to welcome customers and diners back.
Prepare for the end of social isolation now so you're ready get back to business right away.
Let us know how we can help
Stay tuned for updates, and please reach out with suggestions, questions or stories of how your business is managing—we're in this together.
Our partners are ready to help.
Keep your business going with offers designed to help businesses adapt to this economic shift.
- Take advantage of MarketMan's cloud-based restaurant inventory management system with 2 months of free service and no setup fees
- Discover new sales channels through 5Loyalty's online ordering solution. They're waiving 50% of their development fee and deferring the remainder for 12 months.
- Property Management Software stalwart ApicBase is offering free on-boarding and waiving licensing costs until your restaurant or hotel reopens.
- MDware is offering two months free on it's retail invoicing and loyalty integration for new customers.