Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.
Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated: March 14, 2022
Our goal at Lightspeed is to ignite businesses everywhere. We do this by providing a one-stop commerce platform that empowers merchants around the world to provide exceptional consumer experiences in an environment that fosters responsible commercial exchanges. This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) outlines examples of prohibited conduct in connection with Lightspeed’s Products.
Capitalized terms used in this Policy but not otherwise defined shall have the meaning ascribed in the Lightspeed Service Agreement.
Here are the things Customer should not do, whether on its own or on someone else’s behalf, when using Lightspeed’s Products:
- Illegal Activities. Customer must not use Products in any unlawful, deceptive, exploitative, or fraudulent manner, or for any such purpose. This means no phishing, spoofing, stealing, impersonating others, or engaging in misleading or unethical marketing or advertising.
- Misrepresentation. Customer must not make claims (whether medical, scientific or otherwise) that are factually incorrect or unsupported by documented evidence.
- Harassment, defamation, threats. Customer must not promote, condone, or distribute any material that is offensive, defamatory, harassing, threatening, hateful, discriminatory, obscene, or is otherwise objectionable.
- Discrimination, violence. Customer must never incite violence. Not ever. Customer must not promote, nor condone, abuse against any person based on race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age or disability.
- Personal information. Customer must not disclose or distribute any material that contains personal, medical/health, sensitive, or other confidential information without the express consent of the data subject.
- Intellectual property. Customer must not infringe or misappropriate anyone’s copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity rights.
- Data collection. Customer must not collect or harvest data from Products or systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Products.
- Interference. Customer must not use Products in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair, descramble or compromise or circumvent our systems or security (including those of Lightspeed’s third-party providers), or interfere with other users. This includes the use of bots to access and use Products as well as other unapproved automation.
- Spam. Customer must not use Products to transmit unsolicited commercial electronic messages, bulk or otherwise.
- Firearms. Customer must not be a firearms store, or offer for sale illegal firearms or any parts or components that, when used with a legal firearm, would be illegal.
Lightspeed may take action against Customer’s account if Lightspeed concludes, in its sole discretion, that Customer’s conduct or business is inconsistent with the letter or spirit of this Policy. This means Lightspeed can, at any time and for any reason (except where prohibited by applicable law), remove any content or suspend or terminate Customer’s account without refunding any prepaid Products, without liability and without notice to Customer. Any determination made by Lightspeed in connection with this Policy will be final and binding. Lightspeed reserves the right to enforce, or not enforce, this Policy in its sole and absolute discretion.
Lightspeed may revise this Policy from time to time by notifying Customer in accordance with the methods set out in the Lightspeed Service Agreement. If Customer does not accept the revisions to the Policy Customer, Customer must stop using the Products. Customer’s continued use of Products after notice of revisions will mean that Customer accepts such revisions.
Violations of this Policy can be reported to Lightspeed by emailing [email protected].