Mobile order and pay apps present an opportunity for pubs or restaurants to bring greater efficiency to the customer experience while keeping staff and customer safe.
But what are mobile order and pay apps, how do they work and should you implement one into your business? In this post, we’ll explore the new world of order and pay technology and run you through our newest product: Lightspeed Order Anywhere.
- What is mobile order and pay?
- What are the benefits of mobile order and pay?
- Which mobile order and pay solution is best for my business?
Let’s dive in!
What is mobile order and pay?
Mobile order and pay tools like Lightspeed Order Anywhere give customers access to a pub or restaurant’s menu from their phones without the need to install any apps.
They give customers the flexibility of contactless ordering either for takeaway, or for dining in. Use the product in one of two ways:
- For dining in, operator can print a QR code for each table in the floor plan, then place it on said tables for customers to scan, order, and pay when they sit down.
- For takeaway, you can add the order anywhere platform as a web extension on your website, from which customer can browse your menu, select their pick up times, checkout and pay!
Lightspeed Order Anywhere also integrates seamlessly with your existing Lightspeed Restaurant ePOS.
This boosts the efficiency of service by eliminating the need for waitstaff to walk to and from tables to take orders. It also reduces the risk of error because customers punch in orders themselves, instead of staff having to do it.
Invest in the future of hospitality tech
Find out how Lightspeed Restaurant ePOS can propel your restaurant, pub or cafe into a new era
The benefits of mobile order and pay
Mobile order and pay solutions minimise physical contact between customers and employees as they eliminate the need for prolonged face-to-face interaction. The UK government has suggested its adoption to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in pubs and restaurants*. But the benefits go far beyond that.
Even before COVID-19, the customer experience was going contactless. in 2021, new dining habits are further reinforcing the need for contactless solutions. A survey conducted by Lightspeed in November 2020 showed that more than 17% of Brits said they only felt comfortable with the idea of eating out if they could order and pay via an app.
Benefits of Lightspeed Order Anywhere for restaurants and pubs
- Customers can order and pay from their tables. This lightens your waitstaff’s workload, freeing them up to attend to finer points of the customer experience.
- There’s no need for guests to attract a waiter’s attention to add to or modify their orders, making service quicker and more fluid.
- Restaurant and pubs can offer their own click-and-collect service without having to pay third-party fees.
- Eliminate crowds and queues at the bar or counter area, making service run smoother.
- Easy ordering could result in larger ticket size for food and drinks orders.
- Menu changes can be quickly and easily from the Order Anywhere backend, and will be reflected on the customer facing app with in minutes.
Here’s how it works
Here’s how it works:
1. It’s a sunny day, and a lot of customers are looking to eat on your terrace. You’re a little understaffed in front of the house, but luckily you’re using Lightspeed Order Anywhere, and all your customers need to do is scan the QR code that you printed for each from the Order Ahead back office.
2. Your hungry customer scans the QR code from their phones, and immediately gains access to your menu, where they can browse (this eliminates the need to clean and replace your menus every time you flip a table.)
3. After browsing your menu and deciding what they’re going to order, the customer simply add their chosen products to their cart then tap Go to checkout to place their order.
4. At the checkout screen, enter their payment details, as well as their email address to which they can receive their digital receipt. At the checkout screen, they can add tips, and pay with credit and debit card.
5. Now they’ve entered their email address and payment details, they complete their order by tapping place order.
6. The order has been sent to your kitchen, just like it would with any other type of order, except your customer have experienced a digital and totally contactless ordering process!
7. The only part your waiter has to play in all this is bringing the customer they’re food or drinks once it has been prepared. With less tables to attend to, they can focus on fulfilling customer personal requests and bring that irreplaceable human touch to service.
Sounds like the solution for you?
Talk to one of our experts about how Lightspeed Order Anywhere can help your business adapt to the new era of hospitality
In summary, Lightspeed Order Anywhere offers:
- An additional revenue stream with no third-party commission fees or additional hardware costs.
- Real time menu customisation in just a few clicks.
- A professional and modern menu layout—ideal for converting customers.
- Integrates with Lightspeed Restaurant’s ePOS system—no need to retrain staff.
We’ve also taken great care to provide a safe, simplified and speedy ordering experience for your customers:
- Let customers decide whether they want to collect their order as soon as possible or on a fixed date.
- Enable quick and easy ordering via a link or QR code generated by the restaurant (no need for customers to clutter their phones with apps!)
- Include an estimated order preparation time – so customers aren’t left in the dark.
- Allow customers to include personalised notes with their orders.
- Perform fast and secure online payments.
Stay one step ahead
Mobile order and pay solutions are changing the way restaurants and pubs work, and in so doing, are helping businesses everywhere adapt to the new normal. The future may be uncertain, but with the right technology, you can stay one step ahead.
Curious what Lightspeed Order Ahead can do for you?
Start digitising your business today, and join the new way to serve
*See further guidelines here